It is, therefore, worthwhile to improve customer experience, especially when it comes to ecommerce. Making frequent updates to your website is indispensable; guaranteeing your customers have a delightful experience while browsing and shopping for your products and services. Improve ecommerce customer service by overcoming hassles, ensuring that there is quick loading of your website, and most importantly, using a customer service help desk software for ecommerce.
Quick Navigation – Ways to Improve Customer Experience on Your Ecommerce Website
- Easy Navigation
- Update Website’s Security
- Great Customer Support
- Appealing Design
- Focus on Transparency
- Streamline Transactions
1. Easy Navigation
Navigation is the most important thing to look at when you want to enhance ecommerce customer experience. In other words, figure out if customers can easily find what they are looking for?
- Does the site load quickly? Are there any images that won’t load, or slow down the site? For reference, you should be aiming for a load speed of 0.5 seconds.
- Searchability: a customer should be able to find the product or service they are looking for and that too, quickly. Further, make sure your product descriptions are helpful and are tagged with keywords that will show up on a Google SERP.
- Look for and fix any broken links.
- Intelligent customer support bots can monitor a user’s behavior and offer their assistance if and when it looks like a customer is having difficulty.
- Offer an FAQ page.
- Create a mobile AMP version of your website or ensure you have a responsive version of your website which works seamlessly and loads quickly on mobile devices. You can even offer a discount for mobile users.
2. Update Your Website’s Security
Your customers should be sure that your website is secure and that their payments are made safely. An easy way to earn your customers’ trust is to display the type of security you have employed on product pages, in the shopping cart, and when they are checking out.
As you take steps to improve customer experience in e-commerce, prevent your website from getting hacked. There are a few simple ways to do this. Perform regular backups of your website and use software or security plugins to protect it against malware and spyware
3. Great Customer Support
This tip might seem a bit obvious, but there are always more ways to improve customer support, such as by using an eCommerce customer service software. Taking care of any issues that your customers have with your product or service will go a long way towards ensuring customer loyalty and happiness.
- Offer live, 24-hour support to your customers. You can either hire a team to do this, or set up an AI chatbot to answer frequently asked questions, or direct them to a FAQ page.
- Ensure that the team of customer support agents your hire have relevant experience and requisite skills to boost your online business. You could also provide a training document or course for these employees to test their patience and improve their communication skills.
- Offer different types of customer support to improve ecommerce website service. Many people dislike making a call to support lines due to long wait times, while others prefer human touch and voice.
- If you are using WordPress, make sure that you choose the best live chat WordPress plugin that is easy to install & use.
Related Read: How to Shorten your Customer Support Queues
4. Simple, but Visually Appealing Design
The presentation of your product is just as important as the product itself. A stellar product may be overlooked if the website that sells it is poorly designed or has displeasing aesthetics. Working on the design and the overall look and feel of your website assists to improve customer website experience.
- A picture is worth a thousand words, and they are visually stimulating, so pepper them throughout your site. Several pictures of the product will always instill more trust than a single image.
- Consider color psychology. For example, if you are selling high-quality, luxurious items, you might consider purple or gold as your color theme, as they symbolize elegance, class, and wealth.
- If you are using WordPress, make sure that the WordPress e-commerce theme you choose is nicely designed and simple to navigate.
- Minimal design attracts more than a design with too many things going on. Too much text or too many images placed haphazardly can seem aggressive and lead to stress, which isn’t conducive to making purchases.
5. Focus on Transparency
Often, shoppers abandon carts without checking out, despite huge online discounts and offers. One of the reasons for cart abandonment may be your website lacking product-related customer feedback or reviews. Don’t be afraid to provide your customers with an option or forum that offers feedback. If product or service does good to its consumer, reviews will reflect this.
Good reviews convince other prospective buyers to complete their purchases, whereas poor reviews help you work on products that need modifications or improvements. Either way, enabling customer reviews benefits you and your business.
6. Streamline Transactions
Customers can become annoyed with complicated, drawn-out transaction procedures.
For example, a website that requires a new customer to spend ten minutes setting up a new account may discourage them from finalizing their purchase. Make sure their shopping cart is easily accessible, where items can easily be modified or removed.
- Provide a variety of payment options such as Paypal, credit card or EMI.
- Allow your users to sign-in or create accounts via social media platforms.
- Offer a variety of shipping options.
The Bottom Line
Take some extra time and effort to improve customer experience on your ecommerce website. Investing a little to ensure your customers have a great experience on your website will increase your web traffic, let alone sales and online reputation. After all, happy customers are more likely to recommend your products or services to others.
Do you want a free Help Desk?
We have the #1 Help Desk for delightful customer support starting at $0